Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Whitby

Sock number four . . .



Pattern: Whitby from Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush
Yarn: Louet Gems Sport Weight 100% Merino Wool in Pewter
Needles: US 2 Addi Turbo's Circular
Started: April 20, 2007
Finished: April 25, 2007
Notes: I knit the leg 1/2" longer than recommended.

Now that I used the correct weight yarn, I love these socks. I need to mention that this yarn is yummy and I will knit with it again. Though, maybe a brighter color would be fun.

Note about pattern . . . it's lovely! Very easy to commit to memory, so no need to tote around a book or pattern notes. The socks are comfy to wear, with no irritation (you know the rubbing and such) from the cables. I will say that the diamond pattern does, in my lowly opinion, make my ankles lean toward the larger side. Overall a super pattern.

Please note that sexy, pasty, tree trunk of a leg was not meant to show, but the sock decided to cooperate, so we sacrificed showing of ugly leg for sake of fair sock photo.

8 comments:

Holly said...

Hey, no one notices the legs - we are all drooling over the socks. And if your legs can't support those socks, I am sure that there would be plenty of takers!

Shrinkie said...

lol, I have to agree with Holly, I didn't even notice your leg til you pointed it out - i was just oogling those gorgeous socks! I must get a copy of KOTR. Congrats on pair number 4!

Anonymous said...

the picture in the book doesn't do the pattern any justice at all! It is so pretty! I might have to go out for some sport weight later.

greatings

Holly Bee said...

Congrats on pair 4!!

I am so amazed by the 52 pair plunge, and the rapid knitting! I feel like such a knit slacker!

Elysbeth said...

There are legs in the picture? I only came for the socks man. This pattern was in my list to make, now it is moving up the list, thanks.

trixie stix said...

jenneke ~ thanks for the compliment about the Whitby's. Your'e right, the picture in the book does not do them justice.

I tried to leave a comment on your blog, but wasn'tablet of or some reason. Sorry.

lexa said...

I love your socks! Well done! And congratulations on pair #4. :)

Unknown said...

I cannot believe all these socks that you are producing. Absolutely amazing! And very cute, BTW.