Friday, April 11, 2008

Roza's Take Two


This year on RM's side we drew names for the Holidays. I received some lovely yarn from my brother in law. His wife is a dedicated knitter and knew just how to gently guide him in his purchase. It is Artyarns Ultramerino4 in colorway #136. I never would have guessed that this color combination would be enjoyable, but oh my it is!

I delayed thought long and hard about what to knit with this gorgeous stuff. Obviously socks were the choice of the day, but which pattern? Nothing seemed to fit. Once I find a pattern I like, I have re-knit it in the past. So why not again? The Roza's are my current favorite and get lots of wear.

I started these back in March. Using my trusty Addi Turbo US#1 circular needle I am slowly chipping away at them. They tend to get a few rows completed each day during my lunch. We have a group of ladies who sit in the Library and knit during the first half hour of our lunch and then we go eat. Logistically, a completion date is far and away.

I am not knitting at home so much because of the big project I have been working on. It's very exciting and we are looking forward to a reveal sometime in August. RM has been big help. He has made some major contributions and will be given much credit in the end. So keep watching. . . the end is near.

No comments: