Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Fall is Blue

In Michigan we have a lovely Fall. I could wax poetically about the trees, color of the leaves and the crisp air. Gently winding and twisting this theme into a woven tale of autumn. It could make you yearn for a visit to our great State to experience the beauty yourself. But I won't.

This fall has been odd, to say the least. One day it was summer. Temperatures were in the mid-70's and we were swimming every day. BAM. The next day it was (insert what you want to call it, I can't write the words I want to use here) rainy and temperatures were in the high 30's! Now, I like Fall. But this indecision by Mother Nature drives me insane. You try standing outside for two hours to watch Soccer Chica "warm-up" and then play a whole game in driving rain the temperature of ice-cubes. She sometimes has three games a weekend! This is how I have spent the last few weekends.

There are positives. Yes, if I look closely I find them. This time of year the lake is almost silent. Sitting on my couch and watching the swans swim by, with a background of autumn colors is breath-taking. Watching Soccer Chica play a game she dearly loves and win (I am all about the "w") is worth every minute in the cold and rain. I forgot to mention that during her warm-up I get to sit in the car and knit.

You would think with the fall colors, I would be into oranges and browns. Nope. Right now I am buying blue yarn. Proof in point, latest prize from LYS. Notice, some of the blue theme peeking through? Starting at top and working clockwise:

Yarn: Ella Rae Superwash
Fiber: 100% Wool
Use: Not sure, I just love the color!

Yarn: Debbie Bliss
Fiber: 100% Merino Wool
Use: Odessa and Fetching as gifts for Christmas

Yarn: Artyarns Supermerino
Fiber: 100% Superwash Merino Wool
Use: Wendy's Sock's with my own lace pattern added

PS - Will you be voting next Tuesday? I will.

No comments: