Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Progress . . .

Don't forget to vote. Your political views don't matter to me. That's the beauty - you get your views, I get mine. What does matter is that you cast your vote and be heard.

Well, here is the progress on my Embossed Leaves Socks. See how quick this is moving along? What do you think of the cuff? It is rather large. Not sure if I want to make it smaller and add an additional repeat or leave as is. I am knitting these on US2 bamboo dpn's. So far, the size is ok, but my hand knit socks always end up with a loose toe. Now, when I was younger that might sound interesting in a weird-o kind of way. But today, I just want the socks to fit properly. Only time will tell. Maybe a couple of decreases in the side purl stitches? This would decrease the total stitch count by, um, two whole stitches. Not sure that would make much difference. Hmmmmmm.

*Photo Removed* On to another progress shot. Our model is wearing my third pair of fetching wrist warmers. Sorry about the blurry photo, Little Man was not a willing participant in the shoot. I can't say enough about this pattern. It knits up quick. All have been intended as gifts. I admit to keeping the cashmere set. My picot bind-off seems "frillier" (is that a word?) than the pattern photo. So, I prefer not to drive in them. But they are great for soccer games! This pair is knitted with Debbie Bliss' Merino DK in a Wedgewood Blue. I purchased it here. If you are in Kalamazoo, MI this is a good place to stop. Large selection of yarn/supplies and very helpful ladies.

An additional reminder here. . .

No comments: