Monday, November 06, 2006

Raking in the Leaves

I have been working hard in the yard raking leaves. Even in the snow! This week it's going to be in the high 50's, so this project is my first priority.

Must. Set. Yarn. Down. Eeeeek!

I have also raked in a different type of leaf. I love the design of these socks. Just for the record, they are Embossed Leaves Socks by Mona Schmidt. Pattern is found in Interweave Knits, Winter 2005. They knit up fast with just enough variety to keep you interest. Easy to memorize repeats make them a suitable travel/communiting project. But what I really love is how they feel on your feet. The wool is warm, but the lace allows for air circulation around the piggies. Heaven, I tell you, Heaven. Soccer Chica has a pair in hot pink that I made a month or so ago. Now if she will wear them for comfort, you know they must be. A 14 year old girl wears nothing for comfort. Getting ready to cast on another pair in Sleeping Dragon's Mossy Frog Colorway. The greens are so yummy and will remind me of spring during the cold winter.

Off rake more leaves . . . 6 bags done, 100's more to go.

No comments: