Friday, February 16, 2007

Life Gets in The Way

I am here.
I am knitting.
I am fffffffreezing.

Sorry about how long I have been without post. Life seems to get in the way. But Soccerchica was home for a few days. We had fun laughing and exchanging early Valentine's. In the end, I believe she liked the ear rings. We watched her play an indoor game on Saturday. Her team plays up in the boys division to keep the games challenging. All the kids played hard, but we won (with Chica scoring a goal). Throw in a snow day and Valentine's Day you have a pretty busy week.

But on to knitting. I fell in love with Rose's Wrist Warmers. I first saw them on Rae's blog. Go on and check them out, I'll wait.

So, you loved them too? It had to be the fact that Rose was longer than these or those. Immediately I cast on with some Brown Sheep's Lamb's Pride Superwash in Shane's Red. I am infatuated with this color. Not too orange. More scarlet in color with flecks of blue and green.

As in most cases, I tried to follow the pattern to the letter. Yet, Rose was proving too long for my taste. My solution was to omit one diamond repeat. After, they fit perfectly, not too long and not too short. The pattern says you can do a 1x1 rib on the palm to prevent any rolling that might occur. It's a good idea. Do we see a matching hat in my future?


Knitting frantically to finish RM's socks by Valentine's Day.

Oops. Missed that one. So he'll get them a day (or two) late this year. He got a little "gift" yesterday anyway. Now, get your mind out of the gutter. Boo-Boo got him a photo album! RM has been asking me to start scrap-booking for about six months. I even received this for Christmas as a subtle hint. Point taken. But I will not join the cult that is scrap-booking. Nothing against anyone that does, but I am not that creative with paper and glue.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I reckon a matching hat would be great! I didn't know you got Dr Who over there. I love it ! S

Anonymous said...

It's 70 degrees here today. Love ya, sis! JJ

trixie stix said...

jj - It's 70 degrees here too (inside my house).

Love you too!