Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Actual Knitting is Being Done

I have cast on for RM's Christmas socks. These are done in Nature Spun 100% wool and the color is blueberry. Now, I am not afraid to blog about them, because honestly, RM doesn't read my blog. At. All. And I am ok with that.

The pattern is made up as I go along. Beginning with a figure 8 cast-on, then 2 x 2 ribbing and a short row heel, I may end with a complete sock. How simple. Did I mention that this yarn is a worsted weight, so they are going F.A.S.T.

Now on to something I should have blogged about a long time ago. These were RM's socks from last Valentine's Day. They are knit with two different toe up styles. The one on the right is with Wendy's generic recipe. The one on the left was with knit picks two at once pattern. Definitely like Wendy's recipe best of the two. Because of my experiment with the cast on's, each toe is different and the toe stripes don't match. I worked hard to get these socks to stripe the same. Even the heels match (using a short row heel). There is a better photo here. Note that these were for Valentines day, but I never even started them until after the darned holiday and finished them well into March. But RM likes them and often takes them when we go up to Boyne Mountain. An added bonus is I did not finish them until after the 52 Pair Plunge started - so they count!

And . . . only 442 bloglines left to read!

PS ~ if you left the comment about my simple wrapover, I would love to e-mail you a photo and exchange tips, so please leave your e-mail address.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

As usual ... cute socks! : )

Robin said...

Boyne Mountain looks very pretty! I hadn't heard of it before, so thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I hope you mean me when referring to the simple wrapover! My email address is bryonyw@hotmail.com. Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards

Bryony