Saturday, October 04, 2008

Gifts From The Village

We are blessed to live in a neighborhood where everyone gets along. In truth, this is an understatement. During the summer month's we spend most of our days and/or evenings together. The kids play while the adults sip cocktails and laugh - a lot. We help one another when times are tough or when the big household job gets to be too much. Each adult in my neighborhood truly believes that it takes a village to raise a child. Consequently, we are entwined in each others lives. It is a great feeling.

When bean was born, they threw a shower for me. And someone was very thoughtful in their gift! The book is Cashmerino 2 by Debbie Bliss. There are some beautiful designs in here. Oh where to start!

A bonus was the yarn included. I see this as a cute little bolero or something. Who knows yet. It is sitting on my desk, aging to perfection. What an excuse to peruse ravelry for a new project!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I thuoght you weren't posting too much either these days, but it looks as if I was wrong! I have some reading to do! And no, I don't have much time to post...but I need to...it will be the only way Gus's life is chronicled since I am so busy running around to school, dance, Daisies, preschool, church, and starting all over again. I miss you, too and love you more!JJ