Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Any Guesses?

Did you figure out the problem here?

Note the very small amount of yarn not yet knit.

Yup. Ran out of yarn before the first sock was complete. Wasn't even half way through the foot! There was definitely enough yarn in the hank. In a moment of shining brilliance, I split the hank into two balls instead of one large one. Maybe measuring yarn after 11 pm and two glasses of wine is not a good idea?

So, I have made some progress on the Embossed Leaves socks (dark green). Used a Russian Join to splice in yarn so I could finish the toe. Good tutorial here. The Sleeping Dragon yarn is superwash. Consequently, I am a little worried that the join may fray. Only a good wash will tell.

The other sock (light green) is The Betweener from Socks, The Basics by Jaye Quadrozzi, knit in Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk DK. These are soooo soft. Definitely a bed sock, not something I would wear in shoes on a daily basis. But very comfy!

Before you ask, I am upside down (feet straight in the air) on the couch. This is to get a shot that doesn't make my legs look like 100 year old tree trunks. Heaven knows the legs look that old because of how dry they are. Why complicate things more by adding fat, I mean water retention, to the mix? My thought was maybe gravity would help pull all the fat, I mean water retention, away from the ankles. Allowing you to focus only on the bark I have for skin or the socks. You choose.

If you want some new ideas, check out the Winter 2006 Preview of Interweave Knits. I am in love with the Equestrian Blazer. If there is hope of finding yarn already in my stash, the blazer may get knit before the wrap.

No comments: