Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Smooth Operator

A friend of mine called last night. She strongly hinted that she would like another Silk Scarf for Christmas. Ok, she came right out and told me that is what I am giving her. We are close enough, that this doesn't bother me. Instead it frees my mind, allowing me to focus on other areas. So off I trotted to LYS to start the scarf.

Yarn: Debbie Bliss Pure Silk
Needles: US 6 bamboo
Pattern: In the Pure Silk book by Debbie Bliss

The yarn is so supple. To me, it almost feels like feathers. As with most silk, there is the tendency for my yarn to slip off the needles, thus the choice of bamboo. The pattern is very easy to memorize, with purling every WS row. A great commuter/waiting in line project for me. Total length is 68 inches. I have 12 inches done. Borderline on my decision to knit the scarf that long. When washing, this silk likes to stretch (I have already made this scarf once. Sadly, no pictures). In a perfect world I would knit a sweater out of this yarn. But for my "well controlled" budget, a sweater is a luxury, not a reality.

No comments: