Thursday, April 19, 2007

New Yarn

Well, I broke down and purchased some fantastic new yarn from The Loopy Ewe. It arrived the other day; I just have been so busy that getting photos was a trick. I ordered . . . wait for it . . . sock yarn. Imagine.

First up two hanks of Louet Gems Sport Weight in Pewter. The label states that gauge is 5-6 sts = 1" on US 3-5 needles. It is my hope that this yarn will aspire to be a pair of Whitby socks from Nancy Bush's Knitting on the Road. The color was difficult to photograph, but I feel I got close. Each hank has a squishy, yet smooth quality to it. My feeling is that the Louet Gems will be pleasing to knit with (as you can see, I was anxious to get started).

Next up is one hank of Cider Moon's Bikini Bottom in their Glacier style. The label states that gauge is 5.5 sts = 1" on US 4 needles. I loved the name as much as the color way on this one. Because the yarn is cushy and light with the added bonus of very fun colors I know I will have fun with this one. The blue/green (very, very light turquoise?) portions are my favorite. Bikini Bottom will make some fun, funky socks perfect for spring. Again the photo had the challenge of producing colors that were just right. Maybe I can take a photography class this summer. Let's just add that to the list, shall we?

No comments: