I was tagged by Holly. Thank you, by the way (it was my first time). Well, 7 weird things about me. Hmmmm?! JJ, since I know you read this, don't bust me out with any others!
1. I sleep with my feet hanging off the end of the bed. They point straight to the ground, as if I was standing up . . . only I am laying face down. . . in my bed. I can't sleep well otherwise. Not sure what else to say about it.
2. I love fluffer-nutters! OK, now it's not what you think. It's a toasted peanut butter and marshmallow sandwich with gobs of artery clogging real butter. If you love 'em like I do, you understand that the creaminess of the peanut butter and the melty-fun of the marshmallow are pure heaven. CJ (lurking, non-knitter, husband of sister), have JJ make you one, she knows how. Dee-lish!
3. I have a band-aide phobia. Can't. Stand. Them. Don't even keep 'em in the house. I have been known to run to the store to buy a box of band-aide's for a cut (on the kids, I refuse to put them on my body) and then throw the remainder of the box immediately in the trash. Something about band-aides gives me the heebie-jeebies. RM has to remove them from the kids because once used, I won't go near it. I guess any career in medicine is probably not up my alley. BTW - I have a little sister who loved them! She used to put them all over her body and would ask for boxes of them as presents. Weird.
4. Wet, used napkins on a dinner plate piss me off.
5. I hate to admit this one, but . . . I . . . was . . . wait for it . . . in a pageant. No not a beauty pageant, a SCHOLARSHIP pageant. Cough, cough, hack and hack. I still have the gown, hoop skirt and all. That tells you how long ago it was. But that's all I will say. You don't hear mumbling about no talent, corrupt judging and inefficient, self applied make-up. I am not bitter, really.
6. I wanted to be in a rock and roll band, lead singer to be exact. American Idol would have taken me in a minute, I just knew it (if Idol was around then). But when the Jr. High choir director tells you, "You're not really getting the correct note/pitch thing. Just move your lips for the last concert and I'll give you an A." Uh, call me crazy, but don't you think it's a subtle clue that singing might not be for me? Yet Boo-boo still asks for me to sing him "Hush Little Baby" every night. Oh, love is deaf.
7. I can swim for hours. Really, I can. Running hurts like hell. Exercise sucks. But some how swimming just comes easily to me. Pool swimming is like meditation. Lap after glorious lap always clears my head.
So if your still here, haven't been tagged by this already. Join the fun. Please feel free. Sarah, that could be you!