Tuesday, January 16, 2007

What Is A Sock?

Finished! Oh, yea and . . .

A sock is a knitted garment for enclosing the human foot and/or lower leg, which is designed to:

• ease chafing between the foot and footwear,
• keep the feet warm
• absorb moisture

~ from Wikipedia
Darn, all that and they look good too. What functional and pretty little creature’s socks can be. I'm a little grossed out at the whole half-a-pint-of-sweat-a-day thing.

I posted last about these babies here and here.

Pattern: The Betweener by Jaye Quadrozzi
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk DK Needles: US 5 bamboo circ
Started: October 16, 2006
Finished: January 9, 2007
Notes: I started these socks on DPN's. On a whim switched to magic loop a quarter of the way through the first leg. It's much easier to knit in the magic loop method with this yarn. I saw a sweater out of this color in LYS and loved it. Not loving the color as socks, but what the hey. They are by far the most comfortable thing I have ever had on my feet. I. Love. This. Yarn.

Note to self - shave your legs you unkempt creature.

Here is my little helper during the photo shoot. I think his commercially made socks will absorb more sweat that mine, eh? Off to soak and block the socks. I just hate to take them off.

Now on to a new pair of socks. Hmmmmm, what shall it be?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow ! Glad you are back - you must have been very busy knitting ! The socks look lovely and cosy. I'll try not to think about the sweat statistics !! S

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you were blogging while I was there! You sneaky thing, you! We had a great time and I am loving learning more about you from this blog. Love ya-Sis

trixie stix said...

Sarah, thanks for the welcome back. A little break for family time.

trixie stix said...

Sis, because it's you and I love you, I can say . . . I didn't hold the baby all the time you were here! *she simles sweetly*