Thursday, July 05, 2007

Balloons and a Short Trip

Here is what we have been watching the last few mornings. They have gone directly over the house, which is beautiful but noisy. Who ever said balloons were quiet - lied. They go over our house at the ungodly hour of 7:00 am! I don't know about you, but after a late night, I want all the sleep I can get. Hearing those propane burners fire scares me awake faster than the third snooze on the alarm clock. So I am up, might as well take a few photos. Standing at the end of the dock, drinking my morning coffee I enjoyed the sights. The balloon festival was in Battle Creek this past week. Ours had several balloon launches/competitions, a carnival and an airshow.

Later in the evening we were having dinner with friends out on the deck and I heard the burners of this balloon. It came from the East and started to descend - close to our dock. Very close to our dock. Startled, cool, close to our dock. But it was fun because part of the competition tasks can be to touch down on the surface of the lake, which several did.

Well, I get to see this little man this weekend! Yea for me. You see, he is now walking and saying a few words and being as cute as a bug in a rug. Auntie Trixie will spoil, spoil, spoil him. He is the only little one coming along on our trip.

This leads me to the fact that I am going to Arizona for a few days. This is a trip I make alone to tend to some family health issues (I'll be bringing lots of rice cereal). Should I be excited to go to Arizona in July?! I'm thinking that January would have been a better time to plan a trip. Yet, this is really unforeseen and no manipulations of timing could be made. I will get to spend a good amount of time with JJ and her little man in the waiting rooms of the hospital, so we should get lots of knitting done.

I will try to post as I can. See you in a few days!

1 comment:

a friend to knit with said...

Hope your trip is going well!